Dlink DIR-615

• Ease of Set Up

jazzy4488's review of D-Link DIR-615

“Dlink DIR-615”

Written on: 01/10/2011 by jazzy4488 (19 reviews written)

I received this router from Virgin Media when we signed up for their TV and Internet package deal and all was fine. I could use the internet quickly and also use flash games online without any problems.
However, after owning this router for a while I discovered that using the flash games online was becoming an issue and the internet seemed slower and slower as the months passed. I decided to look into the problems and found a few facts that I'd like to share with you.
1) The router is one of the cheapest around.
2) Updating the firmware is extremely hard and you need to be a bit of a tech expert to do it.
3) If you live in a built up area where lots of people are using WiFi this router can't cope very well with the interference.

I had confirmed my problem, I am now planning to change my router to one that can better deal with interference.

In conclusion I can say that for the price it's a decent router and pretty quick, IF you don't have many neighbors who also use WiFi within the range of your own.

• Over 1 Year

Time Modem and Networking Equipment Owned

• Ease of Set Up

Flowerman999's Response to jazzy4488's Review

Written on: 06/03/2012

why not try upgrading to dd-wrt custom firmware....i am using this dir-615 from virgin media also and it works so brilliantly with dd-wrt.

you should really try because i bought a "better" router than the 615 and im back using it because it is really quite good.

your internet going slow might be because using WPA2 encryption, some laptops double in speed when selecting WPA1. also try connecting to the router directly via cable to eliminate if its the wireless causing problems...