How can chips take so long to cook?

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Mill House - Chippenham

“How can chips take so long to cook?”

Written on: 21/08/2011

Whilst enjoying a casual evening with friends, it was decided that a majority would like to eat at The Mill House. As I had already eaten earlier in the day, I chose just a bowl of chips.....BIG mistake! The rest of my party sat down to a hearty plate of steak and chips with all the trimmings....fine....but where were my chips?....the rest had eaten theres, we asked twice more for the chips...but still no chips!!!!.......15 mins after the rest of my party had eaten and another table of 12 had been given their meals with chips, mine appeared.....I said that I didnt want them, went to the Duty manager and expressed how disappointed I was, where I was met with " You can have a refund!"......the waitress said "dont you want them now?!"...."ummm...I dont think so as everyone else had finished theirs!"....a refund and a glass of wine (no good to me as I was driving)..... There are so many lovely pubs within the area that deliver excellent service and food. It is such a shame, as The Mill Houdse is close to a large housing estate that makes it for easy eveings out and the ablility to walk to a pub......When I discussed this at work, it seems that im not the only one to have an experience of this sort.....

• Steakhouse

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Lively