Wedding hair, up styles with ornate curls

From 1 review

SallyHalsall's review of Tangles Hairdressing, Hanwell

“Wedding hair, up styles with ornate curls ”

Written on: 18/09/2011 by SallyHalsall (1 review written)

I went to Tangles Hairdressing in Hanwell on the morning of my wedding last month with my daughter (22) who was my bridesmaid. We both have long blonde hair, mine is to my lower back, my daughter's is to her shoulders. My dress was plain cream designer knee length pencil style with diagonal black zig zag line. Fairly simple style so wanted hair to be feature, preferably creative. It was a challenge as hair v long & thick. My daughters dress was plain black to the knee, like 50s style, so she wanted something chic. Mike did my (brides) hair and Adam my daughter's. My hair took an hour and a half and I didn't see the back of my hair until Mike had finished it off with ten small spray cream roses which the florist had put on wires. When he showed me I couldn't believe it, it was amazing, I have never seen anything like this even in the magazines, almost like rennaisance hair (but no plaits!) There were (what seemed) about 30 or so flat curls, about 2-3cm each which neatly covered a large low bun. From what I could see he started by backcombing my hair at the back towards the top first to create some lift/bouffant before pinning into a bun leaving the ends free. Then the curls - this was achieved (bear in mind I don't know 'hair' speak) by carefully winding and pinning each curl so it lay elegantly flat, like spirals on top of the large low bun (which was about 6 inches by 5 inches) with the ten roses positioned in the centre of ten of these spirals. He let a few curls hang lose to soften the look from the front. My daughters hair was done by Adam who did a perfect french twist (with some neat 'interweaved' sections at the front) and arranged her (red) roses vertically down the 'tucked in' side. I had a trial with Mike which although it costs, was worth it so he could experiment. So I have rated the cost as exceptional value for money simply because the style was pricelss and I really don't think I would have got this anywhere else. All day people were commenting on the ornateness of it and also it stayed in perfectly all day! Mike is an exceptional talent - so I would without a doubt recommend him if you want something very special, he is always good at curling long hair. I'm 45 and I have gone to Tangles for 30 years - I've never been disappointed and this was totally WOW! Its just a pity I can't upload the pictures of the hair here.