Be very careful & check everything before agreeing to buy

Fernandez291's review of The Wedding Shop, Colchester

“Be very careful and check everything before agreeing...”

Written on: 22/03/2019 by Fernandez291 (1 review written)

I bought my wedding dress here from this shop when I married in 1985 and therefore returned there to shop for my daughters wedding. She didn’t find anything she liked, for which I am now very grateful but we did purchase her bridesmaids dresses and an outfit for me.

When we arrived at the shop for an appointment previously made with the 4 bridesmaids, they had booked the date incorrectly and therefore were not ready for us. We were ushered to a small changing room away from where the bridesmaids dresses were and had to ask to be taken to the room with the dresses. This they reluctantly did. We ordered the dresses and were given a delivery date and were called when they were in. Having organised 4 bridesmaids to be in the same place at the same time, we arrived at the shop to find 3 of the 4 dresses were wrong. When we pointed this fact out, they were unaware of what we had ordered or the fact that they were wrong. there was no apology and the manager didn’t come to speak to us but simply sent a message with the poor shop girl who was clearly very embarrassed to say they would speak to the manufacturer on the Monday and let us know what could be done. We did receive a call on the Monday and the dresses were redone but if they had checked them when they had arrived, this problem wouldn’t have happened. We were offered nothing by way of an apology.

I then Visited the shop to buy the mother of the bride outfit. I tried on several dresses and settled on an outfit. However within half an hour of leaving the shop I realised I had made a mistake and returned to the shop to be told I couldn’t have a refund but they would exchange for something else. I felt completely railroaded into taking another dress which they cut about before telling me it was a further £200. By this point, I just wanted to get out of the shop so paid for a dress that I will never wear.

If you go to this shop, be very careful to take someone with you who will back you up against the staff who are very pushy. Also check everything before you agree to buy as they have a no returns policy.