Awful experience, appalling customer service

Bride26's review of Confetti & Lace Lakeside

“Awful experience, appalling customer service”

Written on: 14/02/2022 by Bride26 (1 review written)

Although there’s a big selection of wedding dresses to choose from, my general experience at the shop was very negative. Myself and my family were hugely disappointed in the customer service we received. The lady that served us was extremely rude, intimidating and made us feel incredibly uncomfortable. She was rude to my mum when she was giving me her opinion on the dress saying in a very rude tone ‘it’s not about what you think, it’s about what she thinks and I’m her boss today not yours’. It is very much my decision on whether I want my mums opinion and my mum was disgusted at the way she was spoken to. I was then told by her that I was time wasting for asking to try a hoop under a dress that I potentially wasn’t sure about and that she felt I was just playing dress up rather than actually focusing on trying to find a dress I liked which was completely not the case and made me feel that I shouldn’t stay in any dress too long or try on too many in fear of annoying her. She then said that it is ‘very easy for us to tell if brides are here to play dress up or if they are actually here to find a dress which I felt she was implying that I was there just to play dress up. I then found a dress I really liked but wanted to compare it to a previous one to see the difference in the bodice, something I feel I am completely entitled to when spending thousands of pounds on a dress. She told me in a very intimidating and aggressive manner that it was ‘very strange that I wanted to retry a dress I didn’t like aspects of and that she was very confused that I wanted to try a dress on that I have ruled out’ very much putting words in my mouth that I had ruled it out when I hadn’t explicitly told her that this was the case. I felt that I couldn’t truly speak out my thoughts about the different dresses in fear that anything I would say would just be shut down by her. It made what should be a really exciting and fun experience that I have had in previous shops, a really negative one and myself and my family left afterwards in shock at the awful service we had just received. Although I really like one of the dresses that I tried on in the shop, I am completely put off coming back to the shop so am sourcing it elsewhere to order it from.