No more limescale!

• Style

• Service & Support

ComesfromFleet's review of Harvey Water Softeners

“No more limescale!”

Written on: 18/06/2019 by ComesfromFleet (1 review written)

Firstly, Harvey's aren't exaggerating when they claim that you'll notice the softened water almost immediately. From washing to cleaning the results are brilliant and I can't imagine going back to 'hard' water now.

I'd just warn purchasers though that they are expensive and I live in a 3 storey house and was told a small machine, placed in a cupboard, would be fine. On the day of installation the plumber said immediately that I would need a larger machine that comes with a separate salt holder. As I didn't want to lose 2 kitchen cupboards (I was expecting to lose 1) I now have a large machine holding the salt in the kitchen and a huge, ugly wooden box in my garden holding the actual water softener. The system is also noisy and you can hear the water passing through it every time you run a tap or flush a toilet - something else they don't tell you.

All in all an expensive purchase and if you live in a house bigger than the average 3 bed semi you'll probably need the larger machine so be prepared to have 2 big machines/boxes but the difference to the water quality is as they claim.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Style

• Service & Support

By Harvey Water Softeners

Written on: 18/06/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It's great to hear you are pleased with the change in your water, we're pleased you noticed this almost straight away.

I do apologise that you were originally told a HV3 softener would be suitable for your property, our representatives will usually determine which softener you need during the free home demonstration, it may have been that an installer thought the larger machine would be better upon closer inspection. Nevertheless, I do apologise this wasn't noticed right away.

Regarding the noise, although the softener makes some noise, it shouldn't be loud enough to disturb you. If you'd like to give us a call on the number below we would be more than happy to send out a technical engineer to look into this for you.

Thank you.