BWT - Very Expensive Service Charges

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

ttPadilla195's review of BWT WS Water Softener

“BWT - Very Expensive Service Charges ”

Written on: 24/09/2018 by ttPadilla195 (1 review written)

Our BWT WS355 Water Softener broke within 17 months of installation. I had kept the invoice but failed to register it - thus voiding the 2 years parts and 3 years labour guarantee advertised on the website from which I purchased the unit. NOTE: REGISTER YOUR UNIT WITHIN 100 DAYS OF INSTALLATION. Though there is a care sticker on the unit advertising their care line, a sticker confirming the need to register the unit upon installation would be a lot more useful!

PRICES quoted were just as per the previous review, with an option to pay £185 to have it fixed and guaranteed for 1 year from the date of it being fixed.

As this is almost half the cost of the unit (purchased for £438) I am not impressed. Also advised to have it serviced every 2 years at a cost of £145. These overheads are high! and obviously rather necessary if our unit broke within 18 months.

I am now looking at cutting my losses and purchasing an alternative brand of machine. I am sorely disappointed with the level of service offered by this manufacturer. I would not recommend you purchase one of their products.

• More than 1 year