Treasure Hunt in the Algarve with Portugal Walks

• Beauty of scenery

Kpape1's review of Portugal Walks - www.portugalwalks.com

“Treasure Hunt in the Algarve with Portugal Walks”

Written on: 12/11/2015 by Kpape1 (1 review written)

First, with regard to Portugal Walks, I would like to say that we enjoyed meeting the person I dealt with and found him quite helpful and the hikes were quite beautiful. I found the accommodations mostly pleasant, and I would say that it was worth getting upgrades to view rooms both in Lagos and in Sagres as they are well worth the few extra Euros. With regard to the hikes in particular, I would suggest that you bring three things. First, some kind of dog spray is essential. The dogs are quite nasty in Portugal and they are present on three of the five hikes. If you cannot get dog spray, be prepared to hike with a rock and good aim as you will probably need it. Second, bring a good sense of humor. The directions are often muddled, and the other person I dealt with left off some major visual clues (like "follow the signs to" ...) while concentrating on minor details and often seeming to get those partly wrong. That being said, we were always able to back track and we did find ourselves in the correct hotel every night, so just try to go with the adventure of it all and enjoy the treasure hunting aspect of it. You are really hiking in such a small area that you are not going to end up in Morocco, so don't worry. The maps, by the way, are completely, utterly useless. Third, and most important, bring your sense of wonder because you will be inspired by such a beautiful, peaceful place. It was absolutely worth it and I would probably hike with PW again - good value, loads of fun, pretty spots off the beaten path.

• November, 2015