They Killed My Bird

HarrisMan's review of The Vet Clinic - www.thevetclinic.org

“They Killed My Bird”

Written on: 16/03/2022 by HarrisMan (7 reviews written)

I took a hawk to The Vet Clinic for routine worming. Mr de Vries claimed to have the necessary knowledge and experience to provide care for a hawk, but I later discovered from their records that in fact he phoned another practice to find out what to do, but he never disclosed this. He obeyed their instructions and that bird survived. However, later in 2021 I took another similar bird for worming, and this time Mr de Vries did not ask anyone what to do but simply prescribed a wormer himself without advice. The wormer he prescribed was 14 times too strong, and it killed my bird by destroying his liver and he took 5 days to die. Mr de Vries admits the killing by prescribing a huge overdose but has never apologised. In addition, as my bird sickened I phoned to use the advertised 24 hour emergency service and they told me that there was nobody who could help but Mr de Vries would be available the next day - that is not a 24 hour emergency service.

As you would imagine, I would never use The Vet Clinic again and most definitely cannot recommend them after they killed my bird.