Miffed

From 1 review

Zakspade's review of The Vet Clinic - www.thevetclinic.org

“Miffed”

Written on: 19/10/2020 by Zakspade (5 reviews written)

I have used this establishment for a great many years - from the time when I lived just around the corner.

Earlier this year one of my three dogs developed an ear infection. It dragged on and on (in terms of appointments) although it did appear to heal up. However, appointments only stopped when I decided - not when the vet decided.

Said dog has no infection and no yelping whenever her ears are touched. That was some five months ago and both my wife and I felt that the whole thing had been 'strung out' so as to maximise billable appointments.

Come October, 2020 and I receive a text from a debt collection agency demanding payment for an outstanding amount, and they quoted 'The Veterinary Clinic, Leighton Buzzard' - so I rang the clinic intending to let them know that a scammer was using their name.

Imagine my chagrin when it turned out that there really was an outstanding balance! Additionally they claimed to have sent out a bill in July, a chase letter 30 days later then a Final Demand to be paid within 14 days or the amount would be passed to a debt collection agency (as it was!).

ONE letter undelivered (failure by Royal Mail) I can believe. TWO failures - incredible. THREE failures to deliver from the same sender to the same recipient is basically impossible to believe.

Apologies from them but insistence that their computer system says...

Frankly, since they changed hands a few years back they seemed to have 'dropped the ball' but out of habit I remained. But no more...