Discontinued for a reason

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

joawmeens's review of Chevrolet Uplander

“Discontinued for a reason”

Written on: 28/10/2013 by joawmeens (0 reviews written)

I had a 2005 Chevy Uplander from 2005 to 2010. My car was heavily modified with hand controls (and the equipment wasn't great), but all of the problems I had with that car were purely due to the car, not any "after-market" modifications.

I have a Dodge minivan now, and with 40,000 miles on my new car, it is on the original brake pads and rotors. On the Uplander, it would chew through brake pads, and I had to have the rotors machined every other time I went to get an oil change. I had about 80,000 miles on that car, before it was totaled, and it was on it's 3rd set of rotors, and I don't know how many brake pads.

It also had problems starting. It would be fine starting in the morning, and when I left work to go home, but if I stopped at the store on the way home, and it was off for 10-20 minutes, it would not want to start again. No matter how many different places I took it to, and no matter how many times they checked, they could not figure out why it kept happening.

This car was discontinued in 2008, which is probably for the best. I always did like the look of that car ( it looked more like an SUV than a minivan), but with all the problems I had with it, I can't recommend getting a used model.

• 2005