Review of Sundown Adventureland

monstermunch1982's review of Sundown Adventureland

“Review of Sundown Adventureland”

Written on: 13/06/2011 by monstermunch1982 (1 review written)

The kids had a good day despite the changeble weather, we took our son aged 4 and nephew ages 3.
We had not been aware of Sundown Adventureland until passing on the A1 a few weeks before
On arrival we paid the money which was of reasonable value for the number of rides etc...
Boozy Barrel Ride - Great fun
Robin Hood ride, Train ride and tractor ride was very much the same and just ok
Christmas ride only opens at christmas
The park map made out the park was much bigger than it actually was and I thought there would have been more rides for the money

The staff operating the rides were very friendly and helpful.
The park was very clean, no litter and nice toilets too.
But never saw any staff litter picking etc... so not sure how they do it but they do.

Food is not that great at all, over priced, unhealthy and what you got wasnt great.

As time ticked towards closing time of 5pm, at 4.45pm we headed over to the shotgun city area to find a drink for everyone before the 2 hour drive home.
Nowhere was open apart from the gift shop, which did not sell drinks, on asking the manager I was told that the only drinks where located outside in vending machines.
One was out of order and the other only sold ribena, now I cant drink this and to be honest wouldnt have quenched my thirst. Plus I didnt want to fill the kids up with sugar either.
All I wanted was a bottle of water, but the manager just laughed at me and said the park was closed, the toilets are open for tap water if we had a container (we didnt)

All in all it was a very poor, unprofesional end to a otherwise enjoyable day

• 06/2011

Date of visit (month/year)

• Under 12