Disappointing

Cccccmmmmbbbbb's review of Gems TV

“Disappointing”

Written on: 16/05/2020 by Cccccmmmmbbbbb (2 reviews written)

I have bought a few items of jewellery but the more expensive items were returned as they looked nothing like the example shown on screen. Czarite ring and an Ambilobe sphene both looked like something I might find in an Xmas cracker. Am very unlikely to buy from them again.
Presenters extremely irritating and rabbit on far too much. There is one female on in the evenings whose clothes are unsuitable for her build. Usually off one shoulder and her chest seems to be in danger of falling onto the desk. Her hair is a mess and she is always scratching her head and she looks like she needs a good scrub. This coupled with her inability to string a coherent sentence together means I never watch her. Steve Bennett and his virtue signalling.......annoying and hypocritical.
All in all I now buy from antique shops or a local independent jewellers.

Mickydk101's Response to Cccccmmmmbbbbb's Review

Written on: 31/10/2020

I am relieved to see that you have expressed an opinion I share. My wife has previously purchased items shown in brilliant deep colouration on TV and received items of a much lower clarity. I happened to be off work and was searching for a sapphire as I hadn’t purchased one for my wife before, I tuned in to some supposedly rare Madagascan green sapphire rings described on TV as Tsavorite green in recognition of rare deep green garnets, the showcase had 19 examples, 16 rings, 2 earrings and a bracelet, all shown as deeply flamboyant greens, I opted for a flower cluster and received a thin gold ring with what can only be described as almost opaque soapy pale green stones, nothing like the quality shown, needless to say my ring has been returned with a complaint and a request for my p&p to be repaid. I am going to report to the trading standards as well as Ofcom.

Cccccmmmmbbbbb's reply to Mickydk101's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2020

Yes I am sure we're not the only ones. I don't watch anymore because my experience has been so poor and I don't think the company is trustworthy.
Good luck in taking action against them!