Brother FS130QC

DamonHenry144's review of Create And Craft TV

“Brother FS130QC ”

written by DamonHenry144 on 06/01/2019

I recently ordered FS130QC on flexi pay (thank goodness)
Fabulous for 2 whole weeks and then it jammed. I had sent a complimentary review as requested at this point. These are vetted before publication so you are unlikely to fine any negatives if you search.
I tried to speak to so called customer service to discuss (3 times) but was repeatedly told to phone Brother - which IS what they tell you when they are demonstrating. It's a cop out. I would argue that they are the supplier and any problem should be theirs. I really got the run around and I eventually said that I would be stopping any further flexi payments to which they said, and I have seen another review saying the same, that I would be charged £18 per month for non payment. (The other review also mentioned the bailiffs!!- nice) I complained about what I considered to be threatening behaviour when all I wanted to do was to get them to accept the machine was faulty, arrange collection, and stop any further payments. So I then spoke to my bank about my legal position. They suggested cancelling my card, another was delivered in 2 days, and offered to open up a dispute "with the SUPPLIER" if I could not reach a satisfactory outcome.

I had no choice now but to speak to "Brother" They were very understanding. Asked me to phone C&C again and tell then that the machine was to be collected and call them back to confirm. Job done. I also sent them an email congratulating them on their Customer Service as I don't just post complaints when annoyed.

I have just seen my phone bill. BE WARNED 3 calls to C&C (getting nowhere) and 2 calls to Brother have cost £18.61 plus VAT Both Premium Numbers
Disgusting so called "Customer Service" and that's not all.....

I noticed on EBay that Ideal World (C&C I believe) had sold over 70 of these refurbished/returned machines at a price of around £30 less than I paid. As I recall there was no guarantee offered so not really a bargain? I emailed C&C when I saw this saying that they obviously knew there was a problem if they had sold this amount on their EBay site so why didn't they deal with my complaint. Guess what - the number of machines they had re-sold got removed from view. I see today they are not advertising on this site at all but as they have been selling this machine again this weekend it will probably soon be reinstated when more faulty ones are returned.

On the plus side I did eventually get a full refund, I cancelled my member's subscription and got that refunded too. But the whole process was time consuming and frustrating. (and expensive with the phone calls)
I then found a company in Wrexham with thousands of excellent reviews who could teach C&C a few things about Customer Service. I bought a machine from them - delivery within a day if needed, and am delighted at the advice and deal I had.
Needless to say I won't be spending with C&C ever again

Patlaughton's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2019

C & C are breaching of Sale of Goods Act, by asking you to contact Brother direct. Your contract of sale is with C&C and they should deal with it.

Paula Lockley's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2019

Thank you.
I totally agree as did my bank
Just hope that others have been helped to make a decision based on my review.
And I am delighted with the replacement machine that I later bought elsewhere!