Danger Of Fire - Rubbish Service

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

OldWomble's review of Indesit Tumble Dryer

“Danger Of Fire - Rubbish Service”

Written on: 25/01/2016 by OldWomble (35 reviews written)

Purchased this machine a year ago and told in November that the machine is likely to catch fire. Also told that they would fix the machine within 5 weeks. Received a phone call today (after chasing them yet again) to tell me that they won't bother to fix it until the end of March or early April. That's at least 18 weeks!!! Considering this machine could end up destroying your entire house, they really should do better.

We were also told that we can still use the machine but we must not leave it unattended. We were then told in a second call today that we can use it but need to check it frequently. This is totally unacceptable when the machine is in a utility room and not in the main house.

Due to this poor service I can only recommend that you DO NOT purchase anything from this company. Also, please be aware that Indesit, Hotpoint and Whirlpool are ALL the same company.

• 6 - 12 months

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Oldwomble's Response to OldWomble's Review

Written on: 13/02/2016

An update;

Today the machine stopped working altogether so we rang John Lewis to get it repaired but they told me that as its one of the machines awaiting repair by Indisit, I should ring them and they will send out an engineer to fix it. Rang Indisit to be told they are not interested and to ring yet another number on Monday so I can book a repair that I will have to pay for.

Not impressed with Indesit or John Lewis now,!!!

Hadenoughofthematter's reply to Oldwomble's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2016

I have a machine that is on the list of dangerous due to fault, i cannot get a reply when contacting by phone or email, the only email you can find is one for when you actally have ' fire damage' so wait for a fire and then they-will be interested....... Patheic really!!!!!!!! I have put my dryer in the garden were i know it wont danger my family or my property however this still doesnt interest Whirlpool as they would rather not be contactable ( unless of course you have a fire and then they want to know) LOL...........