Issue after issue

Guest's review of Wrangler

“Issue after issue ”

Written on: 28/09/2015

As I write this review, it has been 3 weeks since I placed an order through Wrangler's online store for 2 pairs of jeans. I've had several issues that I will detail in this review but essentially, I'm still waiting for the order to arrive and Wrangler are refusing to refund me the not so insignificant sum that I paid.

Just before I placed my order, I noticed that there was a special offer on for new customers; a 10% discount if I signed up for the wrangler news letter. I went through the various steps to get my discount code and proceeded to the checkout. I looked for where to enter the discount code at each stage of the checkout process, but it hadn't appeared when I reached the 'pay now' page. I went back several times through the process to make sure that I hadn't missed it. The only thing I could do was continue with payment with the expectation that there might be one last option to enter the code. This wasn't the case though, my order had been accepted... And a free tie had been included in my basket.

Immediately, I Contacted Wrangler's customer services by email to find out how to claim the discount that I was eligible for. The following day, I had received a response telling me that I had been issued with a free tie and that I wouldn't be eligible for the 10% discount. I responded saying that I didn't want the free tie but the discount that I was expecting to be able to claim.

After several responses between me and Wrangler, it became apparent that it would be impossible to claim any form of discount. As for why I wasn't able to place it in the first place, due to the free tie promotion, the option of applying an alternative promotion or discount code was deactivated on the website.

I felt as though I had been taken in by Wrangler's sales techniques so explained to them that I wanted a full refund. The only way to do this is to return the order once it's been delivered or refuse the delivery. In any case, it's been three weeks now and the order is yet to arrive. Wrangler have been good enough to provide me with a tracking code and having been on UPS' website, have seen that an attempt to deliver was made 2 days after placing the order however there was no attempted delivery note in my letter box. Following that attempt, the package appears to have simply been lost in transit.

I've asked wrangler for a refund several times now but they are refusing to do so until their product has been returned to them. As I said at the start, it's a significant amount of money that Wrangler have taken from me and are refusing to return. As for why they don't raise a grievance with UPS and claim any lost revenue through them, I have no idea, they must surely have a contract in place with them. Instead, they'd prefer to withhold my money and lose a customer in the process.