Good value for money

PTran's review of Roger Black Gold Treadmill

“Good value for money”

Written on: 06/10/2014 by PTran (1 review written)

I bought a RB Platinum treadmill approx. 4 years ago and both my wife and I have been using it extensively and still doing so steadily. I bought an added 3 years extended guarantee as it has been running very well I never need to contact Argos or their services Dept.
Only recently we come to realize that it has been noisier than in previous years but as there is no point to contact Argos about it. Last Saturday, I slowly opened up the front panel, took load of photos just incase I would ever needed them and relaxed the belt from the motor. I also removed the 2 rear caps and took out the rear roller.
I did load of checks and tests and came to believe that the ball bearings of the rear roller needed to be replaced. Those for the front roller and the motor were fine. I did a lot of search on internet and it seemed easy enough to change them. I wrote down the number ref on the ball bearing and ordered 2 from Simple Bearings on the Internet for lest than a tenner (including VAT and postage). I will replace them next weekend and hopefully it will be fine for a couple more years.