STAY WELL CLEAR!!!!

BribriN's review of Travango.co.uk - www.travango.co.uk

“STAY WELL CLEAR!!!!”

Written on: 15/05/2019 by BribriN (1 review written)

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! THEY ARE RUTHLESS AND CALLOUS.
I am in the process of suing this company... WARNING!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM!!! I REPEAT... PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. It all started when I missed my flight on 23/04/19. As I had booked with lastminute.com, I was left hanging and not given an alternative flight from them or Kenya Airways/KLM.I then resorted to searching for an alternative flight that night or the next day. That’s when I found Travango from a google search and their prices seemed fair. I spoke to a gentleman who proceeded to take on my case wholeheartedly... he bombarded me with called for 7 hours... yes, 7 whole hours to ensure that I got a flight the next day and maintain my return as I intended to stay in Paris for a day with my friend. I was promised one thing and ended up paying extortionate prices, double the original amount for a ticket. He managed to get me a new ticket for £589 and also sent me confirmation for the booking. However, he did not send me the actual booking as he said it was well late in the night, I thought that was strange but considering the fact that he had stayed on the phone for that long, I trusted him and went about preparing for my flight the next day. He then notified me that he would not be in the next day but his colleague would call me in the morning and issue my booking details. I was worried about check in but he reassured me that they would do it for me. His colleague was extremely rude and unsympathetic towards me. The first man made it out that he cared and spent over 7 hours pretending to help me get an alternative ticket only to dump me and run off the next day leaving me with the rudest travel agent in England. They took advantage of the fact that I was desperate and what made it worse was that the colleague held on to my ticket till about 1:30pm and that was after they had got over £1000 from me. It is by far the worst experience I have ever had regarding ticket booking. Never again will I be treated like this by anyone or company. I managed to record the phone conversations and have all the receipts, threats from the colleague and empty promises from the original travel agent. Pleaaaaaase stay away from Travango/Travelshoppers.