If THEY mess up. it's YOUR problem!

Guest's review of Thomson Holidays www.thomson.co.uk

“If THEY mess up. it's YOUR problem!”

Written on: 16/06/2017

cant complain about the holiday itself.. it was actually grand once I got there. But thompson contacted me 2 days before departure to say there would be significant building works going on at hotel. I then spent an entire day on and off the phone to customer services trying to get the holiday swapped.. which they wouldn't do unless I made up the majority of the price difference (which was astronomical so close to the departure date). I argued that they should have known about the planned works before now, and that i should be swapped into a similar standard of holiday at no extra cost to myself. But they refused. I was offered a refund but not guaranteed to have funds back in my account in time to book with another holiday company for my planned dates. so basically i was backed into a corner and had to proceed with original holiday. Then bizarrely when I arrived at hotel there were no building works going at all and the hotel staff were perplexed as to why I had been told this! Instead of looking forward to a well deserved break, I spent the run up to it worrying that we were heading to a building site! It really put a dampener on the holiday and I will NEVER book with Thompson again as they treat you with total contempt if there are problems, and will never admit if they are at fault and have integrity to rectify these problems - once they have your money they don't want to know. Choose another company!!!!