Shocking service

charlottetaylor's review of Sunshine Holidays www.sunshine.co.uk

“Shocking service”

Written on: 14/06/2019 by charlottetaylor (1 review written)

The worst experience of my life and I am still living it. I searched online and found the place and accommodation I wanted. It was on a big companies site and sunshines site...same price and I chose sunshine as I like to support smaller businesses. What a mistake.
I paid by credit card and booked to go Tuesday 5 days time. you would expect it to be booked but NO i get a message saying pending...wait 48 hours. OK felt nervous but expected to hear within an hour. Nothing the whole day...next day woke up...nothing. I fb messaged them at 10am...no reply. I messaged again at 12.45 to cancel and emailed to cancel. i then rang them and stayed on hold for over 40 minutes...no answer. I rang my credit card company who said they have not taken the money and do not worry as you have evidence that you have cancelled if they take the money then we can claim and refund it.
Long story short at 4.50pm they send an email saying its booked. Then the guy comes on to the face book saying too late ... he was so indignant like he enjoyed it i said I emailed he said well takes 48 hours to read them!! I read the Facebook reviews and loads of people have the same experience. When the card company said they have not taken the money I read the FAQs on sunshines website and it said that they reserve the right to increase the price or change the hotel but would talk to you first and would not take the money until you are happy...so they deffo took the money way after I cancelled. If you book a month in advance you may stand a chance but READ THE REVIEWS...AVOID ...AVOID ....AVOID"