SmartFares - www.smartfares.com Review

MelanyMcClanahan's review of SmartFares - www.smartfares.com

“Absolutely horrible company! Never had such a bad...”

Written on: 26/11/2020 by MelanyMcClanahan (1 review written)

Absolutely horrible company! Never had such a bad experience before with any other travel company. I purchased a flexible fare (HKG-RUH on 11/27/2020 by Philippine Airlines) from Smartfare for USD885.13, including USD147.52 flexible ticket fee. Then I needed to change the itinerary to a later date, 12/17/2020. I called the customer service hotline. However, the customer service requested to pay me charge they called "fare difference", which was different every time I called (from USD175 to 375). At the same time, the fare shown on the Smartfare web site for these itinerary and date was USD624.23. When I asked to explain where the "fare difference" came from, the company representative just hung up. I checked the fare on other web sites, including the Philippine Airlines, and it was about USD620-650 all around. To my opinion, Smartfares charges a fee for the flexible fare and then for "fare difference", which does not exist. I tried to reach the company by phone to resolve the issue and change the itinerary but they simply hang up. Finally, I reached the help desk and had to pay USD175 of "fare difference" just not to lose my ticket and all money. That means I paid USD1060 for the fare, which was listed on the Smartfare web site for only USD624.23! This business practice is totally unacceptable. I wonder how they were able to obtain BBB accreditation displayed on their web site. Stay away from them!