Awful Customer Service

109O'Brien's review of Ski Val, www.skival.co.uk

“Awful Customer Service”

Written on: 12/04/2015 by 109O'Brien (1 review written)

I would strongly advise using another company.
We had two main critea for booking a chatel, ski in/out and a hot tub, on arrival we were told that the hot tub was not working.
I immediately made it clear that our one of our two key critea was the hot tub, they said nothing they could do they would phone up a repair man but we would have to complain on our return to the operator.
Throughout the week the hot tub was not repaired ( it had apparently broken the week before)
On our return I made contact with Ski Val, I pointed out that in the same complex chatels without the hot tub were over £200 cheaper, so thought it would be fair to receive compensation.
I got a patronising e-mail back saying that if I read the T&Cs they are not responsible for hot tubs not working but they would give £40 discount off the next ski Val booking. I found this attitude appalling, as I would have expected any decent company to a) in the resort to have sorted out the issue Asap - clearly they made little effort to repair, or b) offer perhaps a free pass to the hotel spa next door. The attitude of the on site staff to the problem was that it wasn't their problem and they didn't care, which was then mirrored by their customer service.

Also there were a number of other smaller issues, lighting, other equipment not working, lacking in cleaning and services. None of which they never responded to.

Needless to say I will not be using the £40 as I would never use them again.