Avoid

KG1485's review of Premier Villas - www.premiervillas.net

“Avoid”

Written on: 08/08/2020 by KG1485 (1 review written)

As per similar reviews below, our flights were cancelled and the Government issued a directive that only non-essential travel to Portugal was permitted. We are aware that our inability to holiday falls outside the responsibility of Premier Villas. However, they have an obligation and duty to at least respond to our attempts to amicably resolve this.

We booked a family villa to the tune of thousands of pounds. Not only have we lost our deposit, but the director and the company have failed to respond to any emails regarding our attempt to move forward with/in this situation.

My elderly mother called to speak directly to the director and was faced with calculated misinformation and misadvice, which is tantamount to exploitation.

She advised that, as a family, we are keen to travel next summer and holiday specifically in this villa, which would be a suitable and agreeable resolution for both Premier Villas and the owner. After all, their websites clearly advertises that Premier Villas are doing ‘all [they] can find an agreeable solution by contacting the property owner’.

The company advised my mother of the following: 1) pay the full cost of the villa on a credit card, in order to be easily reimbursed by the credit card company. This is clearly not the case and would have cost my mother thousands of pounds. 2) He would send a cancellation form so she could claim her deposit back with her insurance. Again, untrue. There are multiple names on this booking. 3) Portugal is open. Clear further misadvice. Flights were cancelled and the Government have been very clear. Nobody books a family villa in the summer holidays for essential travel.

He/they advised her, over the phone of course, knowing that each decision would cost her and benefit him/them. Throughout the call, my mother felt belittled.

My mother reiterated that she merely wanted to carry the booking over to next year, as per the website position, and he advised that the villa may not be available next year. He then stated that the owner ‘has not renewed the contract’. However, the villa is advertised in the website for next summer.

I have since followed up all of this on my mother’s behalf, in emails, to ensure we have full written records. However, no response.

As per similar customers below, it is reassuring to know that the company exists and that they are responding to reviews.

It is simply not adequate to correspond in the way this company and its director have. Even in a pandemic. There are so many companies getting it right during this time and a simple acknowledgement/receipt of email would even have been enough. Arrogance and exploitation is exactly the right way to run Premier Villas into the ground.

Here’s to hoping that the CMA can help.