Dont care about customers safety

king2103's review of Pitchup.com - www.pitchup.com

“Dont care about customers safety”

Written on: 23/11/2020 by king2103 (1 review written)

Truly awful service. I booked a campsite and the owner of the site spent the night hassling me whilst incredibly drunk. He threatened me multiple times and it was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life. I raised this with Pitchup and provided evidence yet they removed my review from the site warning others and told me to be patient whilst they investigated. Months have passed and they never got back to me. I was genuinely concerned for people's safety due to the owner's conduct and Pitchup didn't want to hear about any of it. If someone gets hurt they will be responsible.
You cant trust the reviews on the campsites with this company, I would recommend using someone else because Pitchup simply doesnt care.

Pitchup's Response to king2103's Review

Written on: 24/11/2020

Thank you for your feedback.

We were concerned to hear about your distressing experience at a campsite booked through Pitchup.com. We take customers feedback very seriously, and we advised you that we would investigate these allegations with the campsite directly, and that they had been escalated to senior management internally.

When you left your review, we explained how our dispute review process works. Whilst customers can leave a review on Pitchup after their stay, we make it clear that site owners have the legal right to dispute those comments. Whilst this dispute is underway, it does not show on our website. The dispute is then reviewed by our independent team, and a decision as to whether the review breaches our guidelines is made.

The review that you left for the site contains allegations of serious criminal behaviour, and as such this should be referred to official channels. We therefore took the decision to not publish your review until we were satisfied these allegations had been thoroughly investigated.