Never use Netflights

119Kincaid's review of Netflights www.netflights.com

“Never use Netflights”

Written on: 07/01/2019 by 119Kincaid (1 review written)

The first rule of booking flights - NEVER USE THIRD PARTY INTERMEDIARY SUCH NETFLIGHTS. They sell you $5 cheaper ticket, but you will lose all consumer rights from the airline you purchased your ticket.
In my case, I booked four return tickets for my family trip with a wrong date (a month later). It could be just my mistake, but I think it probably was a technical problem with a cookie/local storage - I was using Momondo, checking different options. Finally I was redirected to Netflights website, and I did not see the wrong date. I booked my flight around 8PM. Then, in the morning (around 10am) they sent me a confirmation email. Then I realized the date was wrong. I called them and they said they can do nothing now, I need to wait. I did not want to wait to not lose the British Airways 24-hour Right to Cancel Policy. I called BA twice. They said, they can do nothing, because Netflights sold the tickets. They advice that Netlights can make a conference call with me and them, and maybe BA can help. But Netflights never wanted to do that. After couple of days and many calls Netflights offered me to waive their fees (50 pounds per ticket), but requested to pay:
- 4 x 150 Pounds (they said it's for BA)
- difference in ticket price and taxes.
So, it was triple as much as the original ticket price!!
They said again, it was not their fault, they have this kind of agreement with the airlines. Maybe. I don't care anymore. I purchased another four return tickets, which was two times less than what their offer for the date change.
I think this kind of businesses should not have ever existed. It's so bad for consumers. You gain nothing, you don't have immediate booking confirmation, so you never know if you purchased tickets or no, and you don't have a standard passenger rights.