Ionian Sea View, Kavos, Corfu

Leandro123's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“Ionian Sea View, Kavos, Corfu”

Written on: 26/08/2015 by Leandro123 (1 review written)

In over 40 years of travel around the world, this is without doubt the worst Hotel we have ever had to endure. Ostensibly the rooms we had were the best in the Hotel. So, the rooms were right beside the sea. Not the beach, because there was no beach. To out left was an overgrown cliff that descended to the sea, with a small cove (and I do mean small, les than 30 feet across)that was completely obscured by an assortment of detritus such as 1 old fridge, plastic bottles, plastic bags, bottles, cans and pretty much everything else you expect to find at your local recycling centre. About 30 metres from our room there was on open sewer pipe from the toilet block of the Hotel swimming pool directly into the sea. Worst still this was adjacent to the steps provided for Hotel guests for access to the sea. For 14 days the stench was appalling.

The only redeeming feature of our entire holiday were flights with EasyJet, who were superb. On time, no baggage issues and very efficient. We had no representatives available at the resort and so no opportunity to complain.

If anyone does get the opportunity to review this, please give the Ionian Sea View Resort in Kavos, Corfu a very wide berth.

Footnote. I tried to give this Hotel a zero star rating but I have to give it at least 1 star. IMHO it's not even worth thjat.

Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2015

Hello,

Let my start by sincerely apologising for all the difficulties you've faced during your holiday in Corfu. I'm really sad to know about your inconvenience, and I'm awfully sorry for this. You can be assured I will pass your feedback about this hotel to the relevant department, as we are constantly trying to improve our service and offer our clients the best destinations.
I you'd like us to take a further look on this case, could you please send us an email with your booking reference number and the details of your situation using 'contact via email' button at the top of the page. Our Customer Relations team will then investigate this very carefully to give you the best resolution.
We do not provide representatives in resort, so in case of any issues our clients are experiencing, on the documents you received from us there is a number to the dedicated team who is trying their hardest to help you as much as possible.
Once again please accept my apologies, as I can totally understand your disappointment.

Best Regards,