Take payment but don't make a booking

EmmaPres's review of Lastminute www.lastminute.com

“Take payment but don't make a booking ”

Written on: 21/12/2019 by EmmaPres (1 review written)

I made a hotel booking with Lastminute last night, total cost for family £2550. Money taken immediately, but no confirmation received. The website was having trouble confirming, will receive shortly it tells me on screen. In the morning i get an automated phone call 'about my booking', get through to an agent, but i have to tell them why 'I am calling' - weird as you called me. Check my balance on bank card, payment still in the pending stage for merchant, so tell agent. Agent tells me there is no booking and the money will be returned in 5-28 days WHAT...... If there is no booking then cancel the payment - ' it isn't a booking she tells me and the payment will be returned in 5-28 days. I want an email confirming this please, as this is a non cancellation booking - 'no i am not able to do that sorry' WHAT WHAT WHAT. So to summarise Lastminute have £2.5k of my money for a booking that does not exist for up to 28 days which i will be charged for on my credit card!. To call Last minute back, i have to pay a premium call line at 13p a minute did you know that too. Disgraceful will never use again. Spoke with my bank and they have told me that they just need to decline the payment and it will come back.