Disappointed with Holding Gems

Guest's review of Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

“Disappointed with Holding Gems”

Written on: 21/10/2019

We booked a holiday on 17/10/19 through the HolidayGems web site. The company took my debit card details and took the full amount from my bank account.,I was called an hour later to inform my ‘enquiry ‘ was £100 more than the price I’d paid. I told the operator that was way above the price quoted, her response was to tell me if I didn’t like it I could cancel!! I cancelled immediately. The following day I was called by a lady from retentions. She asked if I really wanted to cancel, I said no but I’d like the holiday at the price I’d already paid, she said this wasn’t possible, at no stage was I offered an alternative holiday or any sort of compromise. She also told me it could take up to 21 days for my money to be refunded! I have monitored the holiday since 17/10 until 10 minutes ago (17:45 21/10/2019), it is on line for £1 cheaper than the price quoted to me. I have rang customer services who informed me they don’t listen to complaints, I need to put it in an email and sent it off. DO NOT BOOK A HOLIDAY WITH THIS COMPANY. They are misleading and unhelpful.