I struggle to find anyting that works with Expedia

207Turner's review of Expedia - www.expedia.co.uk

“I struggle to find anyting that works with Expedia”

Written on: 09/07/2020 by 207Turner (1 review written)

This was my first time using Expedia.

- I made a mistake for the name on the ticket. Fine, Expedia will change it swiftly, some airlines do it for free right ? Wrong. At first they said that the name change was accepted by the airlines. I called Expedia, turned out it was not... And they gave me the wrong airline number to call. Okay, it goes back to the name change team again. It was delayed 3 times in total, and too late before the flight, so I had to buy a replacement ticket with a flex refund policy because of that. I am still waiting for my refund request.

- Turkish Airlines cancelled my flight to New York twice. Every time you transfer to the next flight, Expedia makes you pay the difference (airline policy, they say), except that when you say "Hey Expedia, I am really broke with all those cancellations, could you help ?", they give a number which says air support. They tell you to call in the morning as it is less busy. Well, I have been calling since the morning, with a hold time of what, 4 hours ? That's £115 in mobile credit.

- The chat doesn't work well and you get switched to other customer agents out of nowhere.

- After all that, I lost so much money with cancellations and hotel, flight re-bookings, that I will probably end up homeless next month. I asked for a gesture of goodwill, I am still waiting.

Overall thank you Expedia for taking my money and not delivering on your services.