Please Do Not Book!

Wes80's review of Dream World Travel - www.dwtltd.com

“Please Do Not Book!”

Written on: 23/09/2021 by Wes80 (1 review written)

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK!
DO NOT BOOK!

Where to start - I made an original booking with Dream World Travel from London Heathrow to Perth Australia in May for a flight at the end of August with Cathay Pacific. Got the conformation through within an hour which i was able to go on and book seats and check the flight.

2 days later I logged back on as I wanted to check the meals and it said that the booking reference was not recognised. I called DWT but they did not answer, called Cathay Pacific and they stated that the tickets were only on hold and had not actually been paid for or booked.

When I contacted Dream World travel the following day they just kept saying that this is normal and we would get conformation 2 weeks before we fly and the booking was valid. I am a frequent traveller to Australia and have booked through many airlines and companies. I kept emailing saying that I wanted a valid booking reference with they kept replying they can not supply one at the moment and just sit tight until 2 weeks before the flight.

In the end I contacted the fraud squad and Natwest bank to do a charge back. Once I had done this DWT contacted me and said there had been an error and that the Cathay Pacific could not honour the flights! I disagreed with them and they offered me an alternative flight with Qatar with confirmed seats which I would be able to check.

I decided to accept this offer and low and behold it all came through.

Then unfortunately I had to cancel due to family health issues and contact the DWT office and have now been waiting 14 weeks for a refund.

I have conformation from the Airline that they have already refunded the ticket to the supplier.

There are multiple Dream World Travel Action Groups online where you can get some great help regarding Court proceedings and some other experiences on how to proceed with legal action.

There is also quite a few people in these groups who have reported DWT to Rogue Traders where you can email your story. The more people do this the better.

Good luck to those who have booked and going through the same situation.