AVOID AT ALL COSTS

MeadowMason's review of Dream World Travel - www.dwtltd.com

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS ”

Written on: 21/01/2021 by MeadowMason (1 review written)

LEASE READ , NEVER EVER BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY !

Let me start by outlining key dates ;

Original Booking: 19/01/2020
Date of refund request: 10/05/2020
Booking Reference: --------
Number of days since refund request: 256 days (37 Weeks)
Number of calls made to Dreamworld Travel : 25+
Number of emails chasing refund: 25+

I am writing to you to discuss my still pending refund for flights that were cancelled 37 weeks ago. I have been chasing this refund via email and over the phone for 37 weeks now and still am awaiting payment.I have been passed from pillar to post by your operatives on countless occasions regarding the outstanding amount and cannot stress how disgusted I am with the service that you are offering to me.

When trying to chase my refund I have had to provide my bank details roughly 5 x in total ( I can forward proof if required) over the phone and via email after different members of your team kept requesting them rather than checking your database and our previous conversations.

I would like to make you aware of the current situation the lack of refund has caused. At the beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic I lost my job. I have since been evicted from my rented property due to being unable to keep up with payments which could have been avoided had my refund been provided immediately. As a result of being evicted from my previous home, my mental health took a severe turn which lead to me almost having a mental breakdown with the financial stress I was under not helped by Dreamworlds incompetency.

Fortunately due to the support of friends and local business I have been able to find my feet and have since been re-employed and have managed to put a roof back over my head. I now feel I am position to share my story with the general public and stop this situation from being repeated to other people. Should this not be resolved by 25/01/2021 with adequate compensation and potential good will gestures I will take my situation and distribute to the general population over various media streams who are soon to be in contact.

Furthermore, a complaint to trading standards is in the process of being raised with regards to your refund policy and my ill-treatment .

I cannot and will not let this happen to anyone in the future and if this is not resolved immediately I will ensure that your ill practices are circulated.

I expect a timely response on the matters above.