HORRIBLE WINTER BREAK

sheilaks123's review of Crystal Ski www.crystalski.co.uk

“HORRIBLE WINTER BREAK ”

Written on: 23/03/2020 by sheilaks123 (1 review written)

I am writing in response to our ski package in February. We contacted Ski Swift/Crystal Ski in October to book for February break. I told the representative we were an American family of six with kids ages 15, 14, 12, and 10. We asked for ski in/ ski out, a pool, nice restaurant and evening activities. We were very dissatisfied with our resort (Niege et Ciel) upon arrival. We didn’t get any of these things with Niege et Ciel. First, when we arrived there was no one from Ski Swift or Crystal Ski(no one ever explained this relationship to us) to meet us. The check-in person merely handed us our keys and some bracelets and said goodnight. We received no information as to what the bracelets were actually for. She didn’t tell us where anything was located or about any of the services of the hotel. No one explained to us that the numbers on our keys also correlated to the lockers for skis. No one told us where the ski lockers were or how the meals worked. The rooms were tiny and depressing. My husband and I had to walk sideways to get by one another. We are a family of 6!!! The hotel bed and bedding were hard and stained. There was no shampoo or soap provided. We paid a fortune for this vacation and we didn’t even get soap in any of our 3 rooms! The meals were boring, tasteless and repetitive. Breakfast was the same every single day. If you show up after 8:45, they don’t put more food out even though breakfast is over at 9:30. The kitchen staff actually start setting up for lunch while you eat breakfast. If you sit anywhere near the kitchen during dinner, the inadequately vented kitchen will make you nauseous with the smell of grease. Dinner was crowded and some parties would put their names on tables and show up close to 21:00. The kitchen staff allowed this behaviour. You would often have to wait awhile for the kitchen staff to clean our plates. This resort is for YOUNG families not ones with teenagers. There were toddlers screaming at all hours in every room. I consistently observed small children grabbing food with their hands or touching all of the utensils. No one stopped them. Why were we matched with this property? Furthermore, everyone and every activity at this resort was in French. We could not participate in anything. There was nothing for our teenagers to do after skiing. No pool. No spa. TV only had French channels. I hurt myself falling at the airport and I had to spend the week in this dismal hotel. The Crystal Ski representative even admitted that the place needed a makeover and was not the appropriate one for us. However, we could not find that representative during her scheduled hours for the rest of the week. The hotel employees didn’t even know where she was. We never got a message about our pickup for our return. We had to call twice and were given the incorrect time and location for pickup. We were then crammed into a van to drive less than 5 minutes to be dropped off in a lot to wait for the bus. My family had to separate into two vans and my 10 year old had to sit in the front of the van which is not allowed in the USA. We then had to ride in a hot bus in which the driver never asked us about our comfort.

I will never book a ski vacation through your company again and I will encourage others to look elsewhere. You are only interested in making a quick buck and not customer service or satisfaction. I also contacted then via phone and email about our dissatisfaction and never got a response.