TEFL Org UK - www.tefl.org.uk Review

From 1 review

Violete478's review of TEFL Org UK - www.tefl.org.uk

“I paid for a 120 hour course with a weekend component....”

Written on: 15/03/2018 by Violete478 (1 review written)

I paid for a 120 hour course with a weekend component. Was too ill to attend over the summer so I got a fit note from the doctor. I was charged £75 to reschedule to a January 2018 slot and was told to contact them when I was fit to resume and rearrange my course date.

In November I e-mailed them saying I was better and wanted to choose my date for the new year (I was thinking of April time). No response. I then e-mailed again in early February asking again to reschedule. This time they replied saying I was too late, had missed the course date and had to pay £200+ to pick a new weekend date.

The jobsworth who '(mis)handled' my complaint was wholly inflexible, unhelpful and rude. Clearly, she had no customer service training or experience. She directly implied I was a liar and that I hadn't e-mailed in the November (you don't have to say word for word that someone is a liar. Stating that something they are telling you didn't happen IS THE SAME as calling said person a liar).

I spoke to the Citizen's Advice Bureau and was told to send a letter of complaint advising that I would be filing small claims if the issue wasn't resolved.

The exact same useless jobsworth that had failed to resolve the issue previously replied with a rather rude two sentence response saying that the course wouldn't be arranged and that no refund was due. That is clearly a conflict of interests as my complaints were also about her. She is not impartial and is thus biased against me.

When I mentioned that I would leave negative reviews, she rudely said that I was only doing that because I didn't like what she was saying. No!
It takes two minutes to set up a new e-mail account to leave a review from. Logic dictates that if people are going to go through the effort of creating a Trustpilot account, they're not going to simply leave TEFL a good review and then never log in ever again or leave another review ever again.  Take 'one review' accounts with a pinch of salt.

AVOID.

Have filed small claims via the Scottish route.