Terrible company would not deal with again

Audrinaf214's review of Aerial Force - www.aerialforce.co.uk

“Terrible company would not deal with again”

Written on: 26/03/2021 by Audrinaf214 (1 review written)

Terrible company would not deal with again.

On the pre-visit call, I described the job in detail, and was told that the cost for what was to be classed as a ‘repair’, would be £69+VAT.
I emphasized on the call that the situation wasn’t all that vanilla, but was assured that, given it was a 2 storey house, the cost would be £69+VAT.
So on that basis I agreed to the visit.

When the engineer arrived, he made an assessment of the work needed but then said it would cost £69+VAT, plus 2 x £89+VAT to extend each of the 2 joined-together cables (by maybe 3 metres). So total of £247+VAT.

When I mentioned the fact that the sales agent had said that the cost would be £69, the engineer said that this was only for the most trivial of repairs, and that this didn’t include parts – which by his assessment this came to the additional £178+VAT (despite it being about 6 metres of coax plus 8 connectors).
Since this was significantly more than I was counting on spending, I said that I didn’t want to proceed on the day – but was told (quite aggresively) that even so, I’d have to pay the £69 regardless, since it was a diagnostics fee.

I am annoyed about the fact that it was not even mentioned at the time of booking, that the total price might be significantly more – and that if I didn’t proceed, I’d have to pay the £69 for diagnostics anyway. The strong impression given was that the price was fixed.
Obviously, once the engineer was in my house and asking for money, I felt like I had no other option other than to pay the fee, which I did.

I contacted their customer care department twice to discuss - they have ignored my emails.