Dirty bathroom & room

3.0

Schuey's review of Shropshire Hawkstone Park

“Dirty bathroom and room”

written by Schuey on 27/08/2023

I was extremely disappointed from start to finish with room 103 which was offered to us on arrival. We were attending a wedding at nearby Hawkstone Hall. The bathroom needed to be cleaned everywhere including sink, taps, glass cover for bath, bath, taps and the room itself had missing parts of cupboards and doors. When I went to reception and told them how poor the room was they said she would send housekeeping, then she offered to do it herself or she would speak to the Hotel Manager. We did not have time to discuss this and I made reception aware that we were going to the wedding and I would leave decision with them. The receptionist then confirmed the window was broken and could not be opened and offered a fan. Maybe this should have been explained to us on arrival. I then asked for a new room which was declined as they were full. The next m morning there was a large number of golfers, me and my wife needed to leave but I did expect a call. Please can you provide an explanation.

• Adult