Finally!

• Build quality

• Reliability

Frank1949's review of Honda GL500 Silverwing Interstate

“Finally!”

Written on: 03/04/2020 by Frank1949 (1 review written)

After so many years of not having a CX500 I have finally captured one of my all time favorite motorcycles. I purchased a CX500 way back in 1978. That was the first year of production I believe. I fell in love with the looks of the bike and just had to have it. I kept the bike for 20 years. I loved how it performed, rode, and looked. I basically 'gave it away' to a brother in law who in short time trashed it. The bike at the time of giving it away was in near mint condition. Seeing that bike trashed just made me sick. I have for many years wanted to correct that mistake and as a result I have been looking for a replacement for a long time. I originally wanted and looked for the '78 model but to no avail. Just recently though I found a 1982 GL500 Silverwing, low miles, in decent condition for it's age. All those thoughts, memories, and feelings of riding that old '78 CX500 have returned. What a bike she is. All she needs is a little cleaning up, and servicing and she will be ready for my next adventure.

• 1982