Golden Tours - www.goldentours.com Review

• Location

Claudia12's review of Golden Tours - www.goldentours.com

“I paid for a Stonehenge tour. This is not a "tour" but...”

Written on: 13/07/2017 by Claudia12 (1 review written)

I paid for a Stonehenge tour. This is not a "tour" but rather an overpriced, unsafe bus ride. The driver wore earbuds the entire time, said not one word during the two and a half hour ride there and once we arrived at Stonehenge he said "The bathrooms are there, the shuttle line is there, got off the bus." Audio devices were outside the bus in a basket....no instruction was given, many were broken. As we were leaving to get assistance with the devices, the driver said "Be back at 6:10 or I leave you." I contacted Golden Tours to register a complaint. The following in quotes is their response...."The tour that you booked was an unescorted trip, I am so sorry that you think we gave you a minimum service but it is clearly stated that this is an unguided tour. Before you were boarded you had been given a welcoming letter informing them you to expect on the tour." The spelling errors, sentence structure and grammar errors says it all. Golden Tours is tarnished. My parents took an unguided tour from Evans two days later and were given impeccable service. This "tour" should be titled "Unsafe, rude bus service to Stonehenge for inflated price." Go with Evans or any tour company other than Golden Tours....wish I could give a negative star review.

• Bus