The place beyond the pines

From 1 review

Lea376's review of The Place Beyond the Pines

“The place beyond the pines”

Written on: 25/06/2015 by Lea376 (1 review written)

I expected this film to be strange and I wasn't very enthusiastic about it, it was my first film I've seen by Derek Cianfrance.

This is a crime and drama film with a lot of drama and poignant scenes.

The movie starts by following a tattoo-spangled man crossing a space full of people. This beginning looks strange but I think this is one of the nicest scenes of the movie. The story is very touching, it's about a man who will do anything dangerous to save his family. This is quite realistic.

The end is absolutely brilliant but also very sad and unpredictable but I can't tell you more, you must see it.

Ryan Gosling plays Luke, the mein character, Bradley Cooper is playing the role of the "good policeman" and Eva Mendes is Luke's ex wife. They are all playing the part absolutely excellently, particularly Ryan Gosling, behind a strongly tatooed man is hiding a loving character. This is electrifying.

The way how the film is turned is really awesome, it can looks strange but I think this is Art, so I admit everyone won't enjoy this movie. And of course the plot is fantastic.

Overall, I think this is one of the best movie in the world!
I recommend it to everyone because it's a masterpiece!
There is no movie as good as it but I think there is a lot of drama's in the same genre as the "Place Beyond The Pines".