VANGO 100 NOT TO BE TRUSTED

• Easy to erect?

• Durability

• Comfort

Crisp.Walker's review of Vango Soul 100

“VANGO 100 NOT TO BE TRUSTED”

Written on: 09/07/2015 by Crisp.Walker (1 review written)

VANGO CLAIM "All Vango products are designed and manufactured to the highest standards"
This is a LIE. As numerous web reviews clearly indicate, it is not true in the case of the Vango 100 Soul. I have been treking/backpacking for over 50 years, during the last 25 of which, I have used tents of similar (flexed pole) construction to the Vango 100, including Colemans and Vango Mirage. Never before, have I witnessed anything like the catastrophic pole failure of the Vango 100 which left me without a serviceable tent during a recent 300 mile trek at around 2500m in the Pyrenees. VANGO should be ASHAMED of the lack of concern for their clients' safety that they have displayed by failing to employ proper quality control in the production of this item. One pole failed throug axial splintering and three through clean radial snaps at the insert point. I have photos. The three snaps occurred on successive days at times when the tent was unoccupied. The tent was brand new except for an overnight trial in my back garden through which it (unfortunately) survived unscathed.

I notice the price has dropped in the last few weeks. I presume that VANGO are now 'dumping' stock as quickly as possible. Shame on you at Vango.

• Easy to erect?