Check the weight before you purchase

• Easy to erect?

• Durability

• Comfort

SelectedAutos's review of Gala Tent Ltd www.galatent.co.uk

“Check the weight before you purchase”

Written on: 02/09/2020 by SelectedAutos (1 review written)

Check the weight of the gazebo before you purchase it! I purchased the 6x3 (like my old gazebo) Pro 50 for work but the thing is ridiculously heavy! The product itself looks decent, but I haven't been able to use it as I can't get it onto my van.

When it arrived the box for the frame was ripped and being dragged by the courier, at this point I should have known this wasn't going to work. But with the weather due to be poor I wanted to check it out before loading onto my van, so I erected it, tried the canopy then collapsed it once satisfied it was in decent condition. I then put it into the carrier bag and tried to load it into my van. It was too long to fit into the back of my van, so I purchased roof bars and tried to lift the colossal thing onto the roof of my van, well I'm not a weight lifter so couldn't get over my head. After a week of trying to make this work short of buying a new larger van I contacted Gala Tents customer services to try and exchange it for a lighter one, but the response was that its been used to cannot be exchanged. I said USED?? I've erected it to inspect it and collapsed it, that's hardly used! The woman then said she would speak to the boss and call me back, well I never got a call back, so 6 days later I rang them again, spoke to who I believe is the same woman, explained everything again to which she said it cannot be returned as it has been used. I then even suggested I exchange the frame for a lighter one with no refund for the difference, to which she put me on hold for 10 minutes then cut me off. So I rang again and spoke to another lady, but again the response was the same. I don't believe distance sales exist to this company, so now I have an £850 gazebo just sitting in my garage, earning me zero money, thanks Gala Tents! Oh and the carrier bag zip is broken, which they asked me to send photographs of.