Morrisons Self Service Tills Stole My Money 2!!!!!!!!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

secretagentmole's review of Morrisons

“Morrisons Self Service Tills Stole My Money 2!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 18/06/2012 by secretagentmole (16 reviews written)

On Friday night my wife's mother died, so the tone of the weekend was rather low as she was a good old girl! Anyway Sunday went into Morrisons in Kings Lynn to do some shopping. £17,64 spent, the wife was paying at one of those self service tills. Had a whole load of change we had collected as part of a grand tidy up. After hoiking in about £12 she tried to put in a £5 note and see what was remaining to pay, imagine her surprise when she found out that there was £17,54 to pay.

They called staff over and the machine was opened up, all they found in the hopper was 20p. Where had all the money gone. They were told they had not put any in. At that point my wife walks out, nearly in tears so I go in. Informed the manager that the machine had stolen about £12, he said the machine cannot steal. I told him not to be so stupid, machines can get jammed open or jammed closed. He told me the machine was fine I proffered £6 to ensure that the balance was paid. They refused. I tried to take the shopping after tendering the money, I was told that was shop lifting, we could have the shopping if we paid the entire balance, well would you race after a pick pocket to give him your loose change after he stole your wallet? I accused the manager, the store and the till of theft. He called me a liar. He said we were trying to cheat Morrisons of the money we owed.

We left our details at the cash desk and left. I am diabetic and at the time was going into insulin shock, that was lunch. So rushed round trying to get something from somewhere else as we were not going back to that den of thieves until this was sorted out. We phoned the local paper told them, they are running the story!

Here is the rub, Morrisons called up this morning after cashing up that till, it is £11.74 over, wonder how that could have happened????

• King's Lynn

Branch Visited

• Various Food Items

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Secretagentmole's Response to secretagentmole's Review

Written on: 18/06/2012

£30 in vouchers as compensation and the money that was in the machine that they could not account for! So we got our money back and compensation! The store manager was very apologetic, the duty manager yesterday was the slime ball!