SELF CHECKOUT STEAL MY MONEY!!!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

LEYLA2010's review of Morrisons

“SELF CHECKOUT STEAL MY MONEY!!!”

Written on: 12/05/2012 by LEYLA2010 (1 review written)

the self checkout doesn't count properly the coins when you insert in the machine. NO MONEY are been refunded to me, and also a "clever" staff said to me: 'sorry we haven't found nothing inside.
but FOR MY LUCKY I'M NOT THE ONLY CUSTOMERS THAT HAS HAPPENED THIS THING!.
I WANT MY MONEY BACK!, AND please provide a class for a good service for the rude staff.

• MITCHAM

Branch Visited

Guest's Response to LEYLA2010's Review

Written on: 15/05/2012

i completely agree the staff are so rude on the self scan, it isnt our fault they are having a bad day. the machine broke down on me and the checkout supervisor took everything out on me, she did know who i was or anything, i couldve been a mystery shopper for all she knew. i didnt get the total refund and came out wanting to cry

Secretagentmole's Response to LEYLA2010's Review

Written on: 18/06/2012

On Friday night my wife's mother died, so the tone of the weekend was rather low as she was a good old girl! Anyway Sunday went into Morrisons in Kings Lynn to do some shopping. £17,64 spent, the wife was paying at one of those self service tills. Had a whole load of change we had collected as part of a grand tidy up. After hoiking in about £12 she tried to put in a £5 note and see what was remaining to pay, imagine her surprise when she found out that there was £17,54 to pay.

They called staff over and the machine was opened up, all they found in the hopper was 20p. Where had all the money gone. They were told they had not put any in. At that point my wife walks out, nearly in tears so I go in. Informed the manager that the machine had stolen about £12, he said the machine cannot steal. I told him not to be so stupid, machines can get jammed open or jammed closed. He told me the machine was fine I proffered £6 to ensure that the balance was paid. They refused. I tried to take the shopping after tendering the money, I was told that was shop lifting, we could have the shopping if we paid the entire balance, well would you race after a pick pocket to give him your loose change after he stole your wallet? I accused the manager, the store and the till of theft. He called me a liar. He said we were trying to cheat Morrisons of the money we owed.

We left our details at the cash desk and left. I am diabetic and at the time was going into insulin shock, that was lunch. So rushed round trying to get something from somewhere else as we were not going back to that den of thieves until this was sorted out. We phoned the local paper told them, they are running the story!

Here is the rub, Morrisons called up this morning after cashing up that till, it is £11.74 over, wonder how that could have happened????

Mike's Response to LEYLA2010's Review

Written on: 17/06/2012

Same damned thing just happened to us in Morrisons Kings Lynn. Manager refused to do anything until the money was checked in the end of day procedure.

This is theft. When the money is counted, they find that it is over and they want to refund the money I am calling the police and having the responsible manager arrested. To take money and not give the goods is theft, they will be quick enough to prosecute you for shoplifting. Time we turned the tables!