REPORTED TO FOOD STANDARDS - THOSE WITH ALLERGIES BEWARE

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Damien329's review of Passage To India, Ipswich

“REPORTED TO FOOD STANDARDS - THOSE WITH ALLERGIES BEWARE”

Written on: 27/11/2021 by Damien329 (1 review written)

I called in advance to ask if they cater for vegans. I was assured that my curry would be made vegan and even added it to the notes section of the order to make sure as I have an intolence to dairy and have been vegan for three years. My VEGAN curry had PANEER (cheese) in it - I am now dealing with the consequences of my dairy intolerance with an upset stomach and sickness! You'd think that was bad enough, my friend then found MEAT in her VEGETARIAN curry!!!!!! We called right away and spoke to a horrible, unhelpful and rude lady. She told us (a vegan and vegetarian) we were the ones who added meat to our curry, that paneer is tofu (when tofu isn't on their menu and it was 100% cheese) and that Indian cheese doesn't contain dairy and I even had to read the Google definition to her on the phone! She was shouting, made an offensive comment about her own staff, "well he is foreign but he knows what he's doing", and treated us like liars. Reporting to Food Standards immediately and highly insist that all with allergies, dietary requirements or just common sense stay away!!!!!!

• Indian

Food Type

• £10-15

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual