Freemen's Common Leicester Uni Accommodation - DON'T

• Cleanliness

stuart_bradley's review of Freemens Common - Leicester University Accommodation

“Freemen's Common Leicester Uni Accommodation - DON'T”

Written on: 24/11/2012 by stuart_bradley (0 reviews written)

Freemen's Common Leicester University accommodation, is described on their website as 'The accommodation is in purpose built houses, each with ten single study bedrooms, shared bathroom and kitchen facilities, and can be mixed or single gender. The accommodation is basic.

We dropped our daughter off the day before uni term started, before she went inside the building, I thought, 'If the inside of the building is anything like the outside, this doesn't look too good'. I knew when my daughter came out a couple of minutes later with tears in her eyes, saying 'I can't stay here' that my suspicion were correct.

Going back to the first paragraph, I'd like to elaborate on the description, as follow. 'The accommodation is in purpose built houses AND WOULD APPEAR TO HAVE HAD VERY LITTLE SPENT ON IT SINCE IT WAS BUILT, PROBABLY SOMETIME IN THE 70'S. each with ten single study bedrooms WHICH ARE DRAB, DIRTY, WITH VERY OLD FURNITURE, STAINED CHAIR COVERS, SMELL OF STALE CIGARETTE SMOKE. shared bathroom and kitchen facilities NOT PARTICULARLY CLEAN, DAMP WALLS AND NO WASH BASIN IN THE WC ROOM. IF YOU WANT TO WASH YOUR HANDS, YOU CAN USE THE BASIN IN THE SHOWER ROOM IF NOBODY'S IN IT. the accommodation is basic, VERY VERY BASIC.

Needless to say my daughter found some nice alternative accommodation, not too far away, albeit more expensive.

I am basing this review on the one shared house, I can't say what the others were like inside, but from the outside they all looked in a similar condition.

My daughter requested a full refund stating the reasons above. Five weeks later, after I contacted the accommodation people, a full deposit refund was given, with no argument.

• Mixed Sex