Transfers unbelievably slow - locked account when we moved

• Speed of transfer

Guest's review of IWEB Share Dealing www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk

“Transfers unbelievably slow - locked account when we moved”

Written on: 15/06/2015

My wife and I both opened accounts here to transfer our ISAs last year. As were planning to move overseas, I called and confirmed specifically that we would have no problem operating the account with a foreign address. Then, when I advised them of an address change, they froze the account, of course this was after they demanded the 25 quid opening fee. My wife simply cashed out her account, likewise after a 25 opening fee.

I elected to transfer to another broker with no such weirdness, but this has been ongoing for month. My broker, AJ Bell, confirmed that the transfer has been sent, and subsequently chased. iWeb seems to have transferred my shares (in one company, charging me for this) but is still holding the cash. More than 3 months have passed. Now I've received a letter, essentially saying that they are at some point going to transfer my funds, and charge another 25 quid. Steer clear.

• Speed of transfer

Reviewerexuk's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2015

should say "this has been ongoing on for months." I've transferred multiple pension and cash ISAs over the years--never has that taken more then a month. iWeb has one fund and cash...what is difficult here?