worst of the worst

• Speed of transfer

Guest's review of IWEB Share Dealing www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk

“worst of the worst”

Written on: 16/04/2015

I applied for a share dealing account in March 2015 and couldn't get it activated over a month and eventually account was closed instead of solving my issue and dealing with my complaint.
First of all, they ask you to send original identity card e.g. Passport, Driving license another original proof of address which is not clearly stated in their letter for identity verification.
I sent them an original bank statement and my foreign passport copy and received another letter asking me for a UK or EEA passport.
Second time I sent my driving license copy and checked that still the account was not activated. I gave them a call and was told that my driving license copy need to be certified by a solicitor which baffled me.
It is not the first time I am opening a share dealing account and I didn't have such issue with HL, TDS and Equinity in the past, all of them activated my account online instantly. I decided to open an account with Iweb to try them and steer away from HL's high share dealing costs, but given how they handle even an account opening I am now scared how can manage share brokerage.
My advice is look for alternatives and don't think of cutting corners.

• Speed of transfer