Buyer Beware

• Speed of transfer

Linovel's review of IWEB Share Dealing www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk

“Buyer Beware”

Written on: 10/12/2014 by Linovel (1 review written)

I've been with IWEB Sharedealing for quite a few years now. To be honest, I wasn't that happy with the service - if you're interested in dealing, surely the speed of the trade is essential, but I lost count of the number of times I tried to trade but was told there was a problem and I should contact them by phone - which rather negates the whole idea of speedy Internet trading. Furthermore, the information on their website, although extensive, is also prone to missing the odd page of info here and there.

I should've been a bit more proactive and changed - indeed, I wish I had. Recently they informed me that one of the companies I'd invested in was being taken over and there was a cash offer for the shares. Perhaps stupidly, or more accurately, naively, I was left with the impression that I had a choice to stick with my shares and go with the buy-out company. Not so. Now I've been told that my entire investment has gone. Okay, if you're an experienced trader, you're probably thinking, 'Serves him right', if you're not, then I would advise you A, to beware if you're investing online, and B, not to go with IWEB Share dealing.
The point is, this service is open to anyone, irrespective of their past financial dealings or status, and as such IWEB has a responsibility to observe absolute clarity based on that foundation - a responsibility they apparently choose to ignore.

• Speed of transfer