Absolute worst; wait for your shares until they're zero

• Speed of transfer

AnnaliseSherwood's review of Computershare www.computershare.com

“Absolute worst; wait for your shares until they're zero”

Written on: 20/02/2020 by AnnaliseSherwood (1 review written)

I cannot express how much I hate Computershare.

I had BlackBerry shares when I was employee there, and I've been trying for months to sell them. (I have been trying to sell them for 8 months now.) They started by requiring me to get a "Medallion Seal" on my paperwork which required me to send a bunch of paperwork to my bank, back to me, then to them. I waited for weeks for a response, and heard silence. When I followed up, they then tell me that it was sent to the wrong place and they don't have my paperwork anymore so I needed to start over. If they knew it was sent to the wrong place, they must have gotten it. Customer service? I think their model is screw the customer, since they could have kept it, they could have forwarded it themselves, they could have notified me. Anything really except sit on their hands and throw the paperwork in the trash.

I have been trying over and over to get my shares out, and complicating that is that they seem to require physical paper copies for everything. At every step of the process, they either tell me "wrong" information, send me to the wrong department, or find another reason to refuse to get my shares out. At one point they told me that I wasn't allowed to get out my shares by myself and then subsequently they told my financial agent that they couldn't release the shares to them because I haven't given an approval for the release.

Needless to say in all the back and forth, the stock continues to drop. They're costing me money every day by being completely incompetent. I'm working with my agent and they cannot believe it either. I think their primary function is to keep shares until their "customers" give up and they profit.

I will avoid this company at all costs. I will tell as many people to avoid this company as I can. I will refuse to get stock from any company that uses them as their holding agent. It would not surprise me at all to find out that they are a sham company who's main purpose is money laundering and/or that they have an inside man at the SEC that is preventing them from being investigated.

• Speed of transfer