Great while it lasted! Rubbish after care when it failed!

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

janesteffal6's review of Tefal 4293114P Pro Express Steam Generator Iron

“Great while it lasted! Rubbish after care when it failed!”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by janesteffal6 (1 review written)

Brilliant iron (Tefal compact express) whilst it worked. It worked for about 14 months so was out of warranty when it failed.(iron plate heated, green steam light started flashing, and no steam was generated. The steam cable felt cold. The generator seemed to be not working at all). Tefal offered to collect and fix for a minimum of £65. A local electrical repairer offered the same service for £50. I declined both thinking I would be better off just buying another cheaper iron- but decided I had nothing to lose by trying the white wine vinegar/water descaling option. I poured around a pint of vinegar/water into the anti calc cavity. Left it for 2 hours then switched the iron on. I was amazed..... the generator tank started to make noises and the iron started to drip brown water. I switched on the steam button and it went beserk!! Hey presto.... lots of steam. The green steam button that previously would not stop flashing, stopped flashing! Now my iron is fixed! I just need to run more water through to clear any vinegar smell, that other people seemed concerned with, but the smell of vinegar isnt that strong! Amazing! Why couldnt Tefal suggest this?????
February 2015!