Great performance until the warranty runs out on two irons.

From 1 review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

mp1000's review of Rowenta DG9040

“Great performance until the warranty runs out on two...”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by mp1000 (1 review written)

This iron gives amazing results. Ironing is so easy. When (after just over 2 years and out of warranty) the safety valve of the first one puffed out steam all over me I went back, looked at the rest, and bought the same model again (another €300). Now after just over 2 years the iron stops producing steam after less than half an hours ironing. I know from the previous experience that the after sales is useless. In desperation I ran alcohol vinegar through the iron which flushed out huge amounts of lime scale. I have always religiously followed the manufacturers recommendations for cleaning and descaling the iron but obviously this is insufficient. The problem is not sorted. It seems that there might be something overheating and shutting off the steam. Next time I come to iron it works for another 20 minutes. I wont be buying a third Rowenta product but what to buy???

• More than 1 year